Adding surge protection to custom bar

Hello, I am looking for advice to add full surge protection to a custom power bar with a thermal fuse/MOV and a breaker switch that will trip if any issues arise. I have built several 240v 30 amp extension cords that feed 4x 6-15R in a box, basically a 240v power bar. This is used for high value computer equipment, powered by some server grade 1500w PSUs, or variety of platinum grade 1000-1650W ATX PSUs. these power bars only carry about 3000W of PSU load each. As you can see, there is A LOT of run way as much as 7200W. I did have an issue of 1 PSU dying on me in the middle of the night and it tripped my panel breaker (thankfully an out building). Iā€™d like to somehow convert these power bars into true surge protector bars, that would trip earlier and individually, instead of taking out the whole service. Is there such a product that has all 3 components in 1? a thermal fuse, MOV, and resettable breaker switch, that I could add to the side of my bar? soldering likely required of course.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Welcome to the Technical Forum. I have sent this to the group to review to see if anyone has any suggestions for this. I will let you know what I find out.

Panel-mountable circuit breakers of a likely type can be found here, and see this post in regard to selection of over-voltage protection devices.

1 Like