Digi-Key has the value add capability to transfer some products from original factory packaging to more desirable packaging. This process is helpful when certain components are available in one format (like tubes or trays) but your assembly process requires a different packaging type (taped packaging) that isn’t in stock or offered from the supplier.
Media transfers can work with a variety of components including common footprints such as SOIC, DIP, TSSOP, SOT-223, DFN, and more.
Components transferred into a taped packaging will include a leader, trailer and reel for easy loading into pick and place machines.
Components in the process of being transferred from tube to tape.
Picture of Original packaging (tube) and End Result Packaging (tape)
- Media Transfer part numbers will have a -CRL-ND suffix.
- Products will need to go through a quoting process to capture current pricing and assembly time frames.
- Media Transfer products are non-cancellable, non-returnable.
- Orders for -CRL-ND products need to be routed through a sales representative, they cannot be placed online.
- Components need to be from Digi-Key.
To request a Media Transfer, please contact our customs department firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Customer Number
- Full Contact Information including your Name, Company Name, Address and Phone Number
- The Original Part Number
- Desired End Packaging
- Total Quantity and if that is a one time quantity, quarterly or annual usage.
- Quantity in each reel (if applicable)
See other available Digi-Key value add services by visiting our Product Services page .