Filtering available MOSFETs

The On Semi FDD8453LZ MOSFET is EOL. This is a 40V DPAK MOSFET. Our application requires a high value of single-pulse avalanche energy. Is there a way to filter DigiKey’s offerings for this type of MOSFET (40 V DPAK) based on avalanche energy rating?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting DigiKey.

I was not able to locate that type of filtering in the mosfet line. I did create a good link of Dpak and 40V options we carry so you have the full list of N channels.

N-Channel Single FETs, MOSFETs | FETs, MOSFETs | Transistors | Electronic Components Distributor DigiKey

Thank you

Ryan

As stated there’s no direct SPAE filter presently, nor a decent proxy that I’m finding. That said, IRF40R207 and DMTH43M8LK3Q-13 seem comparable on the point while also lower cost, and IPD023N04NF2SATMA1 is one that seems to improve on it substantially while also saving a few pennies.

When the filter ya want isn’t available, sorting by factors of lesser interest can be a useful way of ordering one’s datasheet spelunking…

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for checking this for me. I found the same thing; despite DigiKey’s filtering being outstanding, avalanche energy for MOSFETs doesn’t seem to be a filterable parameter. Is this something that can be requested for future revisions of the filter engine?

Thanks again,

Mark Kastner

Thanks for the suggestions Rick. We’ll definitely check out those parts.