Hard start capacitors allow compressors in A/C units, refrigerators, and heat pumps, to start up at maximum efficiency, allowing the unit to reach a normal rated speed up to ten times faster. Hard start capacitors are also useful in difficult conditions, such as low voltage or undersized wiring, and reduce light dimming during compressor start-up. The use of these will also eliminate the heat surge that typically occurs at start-up and help extend the life of the compressor, terminals, windings, and capacitor.
Features of HHS Series
- Solid state relay and capacitor or electronic potential relay (EPR) and capacitor designs
- Easy installation
- Easy mount clip or screw mount for quick installation
- Helps older compressors start and run cooler
- Increase in torque
- Instant re-start
- UL® Recognized
- NATE® Recognized (select capacitors)
- Various wire configurations and models for a variety of compressor types such as or PSC and CSIR type compressors, or an ideal solution for replacing three components in a system that has a working run capacitor
See Additional Video References:
A/C hard start kits: are they necessary?
How to Install a Hard Start Kit in Your Air Conditioner
243µF- 292µF, 110V-125V