Issues Building Bootloader for BeagleBone Green

I’m trying to build a Linux kernel for a BeagleBone Green. I’m following the instructions in the Getting Started guide for the green in the eewiki Linux guides.

When I execute the

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=${CC}

command I get the following error:

tools/lib/ecdsa/ecdsa-libcrypto.o: In function ecdsa_add_verify_data': ecdsa-libcrypto.c:(.text+0x65b): undefined reference to EC_POINT_get_affine_coordinates’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
scripts/Makefile.host:104: recipe for target ‘tools/dumpimage’ failed
make[1]: *** [tools/dumpimage] Error 1
Makefile:1894: recipe for target ‘tools’ failed
make: *** [tools] Error 2

I have double checked that I followed all of the steps in order up to this point and I have.

I’m building in WSL (Debian) that I have installed and updated on my Windows 10 desktop.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to fix this error?

Thanks,
Doug

Sorry, i haven’t tested building this under WSL…

PS… i would not trust dd’ing MLO and u-boot.img from within WSL → microSD…

Regards,

2 Likes

Hello,

I am currently trying to configure such a build (also). I started an issue tracker which can be found here:

Like @RobertCNelson says, do not try to use the dd command w/in WSL2 to Micro SD Card yet. Some people have configured things but I am still waiting approval.

Seth

P.S. They keep asking for info. but I am on wait. It seems like they have a ton of issues so far piling up.

Thanks for the reply Seth!

So I take it you were able to get the bootloader to build successfully on WSL?

Doug

Thank you for the heads up on the dd in WSL!

Doug

Nope.

I cannot get the SD Card via USB3.0 to register correctly on the Win 11 WSL2 instance.

Seth

P.S. Sorry. I had to give up. The offer of help was minimal with this specific instance. One could build their own kernel w/ the usb_gadgets installment installed. This takes some time and effort but people are saying it works. I have not been able to get it to work as of now.

The best answer still stands… Run a native Debian/Ubuntu or Fedora install on x86, to build these bits…

While WSL has come a long way, it’s still not optimal…

Regards,

1 Like