RE: PICO-PI-IMX7 and Siging In/Um?

dd: failed to open '/dev/sr0': No medium found

Hello Sir,

The tio program gets notified and reads back Disconnected once I unplug the board from the serial debug cable.

Seth

/dev/sr0 is a cd/dvd/etc drive…

Regards,

Hello,

Sir, I have a rootfs system on my Ubuntu machine now (desktop). I am thinking, yep, this is the file system and OS you help me set up. Here is the issue. What is supposed to happen? When I umount the rootfs system, it is gone. What if I unplug the system and plug it back in? Do you think it will still be there?

I am petrified right now. Anyway, let me know what steps I should take from here.

Seth

@silver2row, if you followed the written steps on the wiki. After remounting the usb storage medium, you should just reboot the board, and it’ll boot into your newly install linux system on the PICO-PI-IMX7

If it doesn’t, you missed a step somewhere in the guide.

Regards,

Sir,

This is what I receive when I try to ssh into my client:

ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.10 port 22: No route to host

I will attempt to redo the kernel like I discussed earlier. I thought I completed the 4.19.x kernel earlier but I still have the 5.0 kernel on my machine.

Seth

@silver2row, why don’t you check by looking at the serial console? You can login into the system thru that interface.

But remember as stated, the network interface is broken in v5.0.x, that’s why i moved it back to v4.20.x

Regards,

Hello Sir,

Okay. I am reworking the idea to work w/ the 4.20.x kernel like I thought I previously set up. Anyway. The serial interface worked. I unmounted the machine and it came back up as nothing.

I missed the opportunity. The two LEDs are now both on. This good news.

Seth

P.S. Sir, no matter how you are reading me text, I really appreciate you taking time out to help. It is nice and I am learning more.

Hello Sir,

Okay…I have been working on installing and CC’ing kernel 4.20.x. I have been unsuccessful thus far.

How can I erase the info. on my PICO board and start from scratch? I can boot into my desktop env. while seeing the board, PICO, available and it is called rootfs by name.

Seth

@silver2row, to start from scratch, start back at the top of the wiki page and work your way through it. Following every step as shown.

Regards,

Sir,

I can only get u-boot to work on /dev/ttyUSB0. U-boot does not work on any other channel/device. So, I type in sudo tio /dev/ttyUSB0 and I can get to u-boot during the set up on the board for eMMC boot but not for USB Boot.

Everything works, almost. The only complaint still is me not being able to use ssh or update things via the Internet. So, I figured the board, the PICO board, is located on my desktop at /dev/sdb.

Seth

P.S. Oh and sir, the board disappears from my desktop when u-boot is canceled from ums 0 mmc 0. So, I type in the u-boot cli control-c and the board is no longer active on my desktop Linux machine.

Hello,

Here are some photos to help better. I have on my desktop dir. a set of files, i.e. shown in the photo. I also have some other photos to show the reason my desktop dir. looks the way it does when u-boot is running w/ the command ums 0 mmc 0.

I also tried multiple debian@xxx.xxx.x.xx to ssh into. I cannot get this board for some reason.

Seth

The first photo, as you know, is u-boot. The second photo are the commands I tried. The third is my desktop w/ the two rootfs icons. If you need my .config file, please contact me. I will provide it.

@RobertCNelson,

Sir…I think I may have found some updated info. Please view the photo. I will test today.

Seth

Photo:

Here is my extlinux.conf file:

label Linux 4.20.1-armv7-lpae-x2.1
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz-4.20.1-armv7-lpae-x2.1
    append root=/dev/sdb ro rootfstype=ext4 rootwait quiet
    fdtdir /boot/dtbs/4.20.1-armv7-lpae-x2.1/

@silver2row, i see what you are doing now… After you run “ums 0 mmc 0” and you’ve update all the files on the USB Storage device, you need to kill the “ums 0 mmc 0” process with “CTRL+C” and then “reboot” the PICO-PI-IMX7, as it’ll now boot off the files you updated on it’s eMMC…

Regards,

Hello Sir,

Seth here. @RobertCNelson

I started from scratch again.

Seth

P.S. Sir…I have issues:

=> dfu 0 mmc 0
Couldn't find part #1 on mmc device #0
DFU entities configuration failed!
(partition table does not match dfu_alt_info?)
dfu - Device Firmware Upgrade

Usage:
dfu <USB_controller> <interface> <dev> [list]
  - device firmware upgrade via <USB_controller>
    on device <dev>, attached to interface
    <interface>
    [list] - list available alt settings

Should I try this idea: https://github.com/redbear/Duo/blob/master/docs/dfu-util_installation_guide.md#linux?

Hello Again Sir,

I saw the addition you made w/ the reset function in u-boot on the eeWiki page. Thank you.

Seth

Hello Sir,

I am out of space. I think I know where I left off. Is the u-boot cli cmd control-c and reset out of place on the wiki?

Seth

P.S. I tried things and I cannot get enough space for now to put in new directories w/ info.

Sir,

I am reinstalling Ubuntu on my machine. I am going way back.

Seth

P.S. After the new install, I will revisit all these ideas and boot the PICO board.

Hello Sir,

I cannot load the DFU agent in the u-boot cli so I can load the SPL binaries at /u-boot/.

Load the SPL binary via dfu-util:

**~/u-boot**

`sudo dfu-util -D SPL -a spl`

Seth

P.S. Do you have any recommendations on this effort? dfu in u-boot is busted and I cannot move on from that point. I will research some more.

@silver2row, why can’t you load the dfu agent in u-boot? Please show the error you are getting…

Regards,

=> dfu 0 mmc 0
Couldn't find part #1 on mmc device #0
DFU entities configuration failed!
(partition table does not match dfu_alt_info?)
dfu - Device Firmware Upgrade

Usage:
dfu <USB_controller> <interface> <dev> [list]
  - device firmware upgrade via <USB_controller>
    on device <dev>, attached to interface
    <interface>
    [list] - list available alt settings

@RobertCNelson

Hello,

This is the issue. I think I may have read your jumper pin incorrectly for the PICO board jumpers. I thought the header pins were switched around in the photo. I did not know the header pins were situated where they were in the photo for eMMC Boot Mode. I got the USB Boot Mode done correctly. There was not a way to goof that one up.

Seth

Here is the terminal issue when attempting a DFU command:

torx@forket:~/u-boot$ sudo dfu-util -D SPL -a spl
dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2016 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

dfu-util: Invalid DFU suffix signature
dfu-util: A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!
dfu-util: No DFU capable USB device available

I can interpret what I did earlier if that makes any difference. I know exactly what happened now, i.e. incorrect jumper positions.