Same Part Number from different manufacturesS

They are not always a replacement for one another.

Example part number SMCJ14A.

If you search the SMCJ14A on the Digi-Web site you will get the following options.

Under the search box you will see boxes. Under the boxes click the More Filters button. Now you can see all the boxes. In these boxes you will see the differences in the parts. Examples Manufacture, Current – Peak Pulse, Supplier Device Package. All highlighted in screenshot below.

There will be other small differences in the SMCJ14A depending on the Manufacture. The data sheet is always the best way to confirm specifications.

Another good example would be the 2N2222. Search the part number on the Digi-Key web site and you will see the part numbers come up in this link and screen shot below. Examples include Manufacture, Current – Collector (Ic) (Max), Voltage – Collector Emitter Breakdown (Max), Vce Saturation (Max) @ Ib, Ic, Mounting Type and Package / Case and Supplier Device Package. https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=2n2222

1 Like

I was told by one of the workers to talk to a teck to get a number to order less than 8000 resiestors. I need just 10 of the FRN25J4R7 resistors.Can you help me?

Hi, we do not have anything else in a thin film, but you can look over the link below to see if any of these might work for you.