Cannot Wakeup from Sleep with customized BBBw board

Hi Robert,

Our BBBw customized board cannot wake up from sleep. I tried RTC, UART0, PWR_BUT methods. They are working on the BBBw but not on our production boards ( both are tested under the same version of the kernel). Although this is beyond your scope of support, I would appreciate if you have any suggestions that may hint to the hardware design with your knowledge and expertise in the Linux. I am software myself, I believe it has something to do with the PMIC, that power management chip. Just wondering there is any special consideration for waking up from the sleep state of BBBw.

Thank you very much,
David

Hi @dzhou, sleep relies on the RTC and TPS, so how closely did your hardware design follow the BBBw design? Did you use the Octavo SIP or TI Am335x silicon?

Regards,

Hi Robert,

We didn’t change any artwork. It is basically the same. We are using the same TPS as the one used in the BBBw. We use Octavo SIP with TI Am335x micro in it. But we may have changed the power circuitry. RTC doesn’t wake from sleep, either. Does RTC wake up interrupt routing back to TPS for wake-up? Personally, I have no knowledge how wake-up interrupt actually works. But the hardware designer says the TPS pins on our boards are connected as the same way as the BBBw. It is hard to test and debug.

Best Regards,
David