Contacting an Applications Engineer

Hey I’ve been searching for about the last thirty minutes trying to find an email address for the applications engineers. Anyone know how to contact them?

Hello, Welcome to the Digi-Key TechForum!

At the present time this forum is the quickest way to reach out for support from our team of technicians and engineers. If you have a question there is a good chance someone else might be thinking the same thing and could also use assistance.

How may we help?

Hi There Kristof!,

I ordered a Wireless Charger receiver Coil, specifically the WR202010-18M8-SM, several days ago and I’m unable to find which rechargeable battery works with the receiver coil. It appears that TDK distributors, the project manufacturer and supplier, has two rechargeable batteries that they currently sell on digikey, but I’m unsure as to which one the receiver coil I ordered works with and also if there are specifics on how to assemble the two parts.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Davis Baker

For passive operation you can utilize a standard RECHARGABLE battery like these:

BK-80AAAB9B Panasonic - BSG Nickel-Metall-Hybrid (NiMH) 1.2V 750mAh AAA
N-700AACT Panasonic - BSG NICAD (Nickel-Cadmium) 1.2V 700mAh AA
B73180A0101M199 EPCOS - TDK Electronics Lithium-Ceramic with 1.5V 100µAh of the new [CeraCharge™](Elektronische Komponenten und Teilesuche | DigiKey Electronics 75855&stock=1&rohs=1&nstock=1&datasheet=1&photo=1) series

It depends on your use case and other requirements like runtime or RoHS/REACH.

Normally the energy transmitted and received by the Wireless Charging Coil could be enough to wake up a Low-Power MCU and check the I/O’s what reaction is necessary.

See the below blog for more details:

Getting Started with the TI RF430FRL152HEVM - eewiki / Wireless - Engineering and Component Solution Forum - TechForum │ Digi-Key

1 Like

Davis Baker,

Thank you for your follow up on this.

The battery type you would want to use with this would determine what type of circuitry you’d likely need with the coil. Often times you’ll see rectifiers, inductors and battery charge control circuits used with wireless charging coils. Example of this in action for a Lithium-Ion battery type would be Analog Devices PN: LTC4120.

LTC4120 Datasheet link: https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/LTC4120-4120-4.2.pdf

Otherwise if you’re looking for a simple way to get 5V at up to 500mA Adafruit has a wireless reciever that utilizes Texas Instruments controller PN: BQ51013B, however to use this you would need a separate charge controller for the battery, something like Microchip PN: MCP73831

Click here for Digi-Key PN: 1528-1384-ND

Thank you for the feedback!

If I were to switch to the universal QI Wireless Receiver by Adafruit, what kind of wireless battery (ideally as physically small as possible would be recommended with that receiver? I’m creating a small blue-tooth watch with an internal battery to run an HM10 blue-tooth mod as well as an Seeeduino XIAO so it needs 5V.

Thank you for your help so far!

Terribly sorry. Turns out we need a 3V receiver coil as the Seeeduino XIAO can only run a max of 3.3V