NiMH tabs/resistors

Hello all
Can anyone identify this? Its not like your usual spot weld tab.

Thank you

Hello Janderson2 and welcome to the Forum.

I konw we have weld tabs but nothing quite like that. Where did it come from?

This came from a NiMH battery pack. I’m guessing it’s some sort of resistor to help control charging. It appears to be two pieces of metal glued to each other. If that’s the case what type of glue would work in this application?

I’m guessing a PTC (positive temperature coefficient) resettable fuse element, for protection against overcurrent/temperature conditions.

Some similar products are listed here.