Hayward salt water circuit board problem

I have an aqua rite pro system with a possible burnt varistor. I know from other forums that the regular aqua rite system burns the SL322R025 thermistor and or V150LA2P varistor. My board looks different but what I think is the varistor ( little black disc ) is burnt. Wanted to replace but need to know correct part to order. Any help would be great. It’s the black disc behind R48 on circuit board

1 Like

Hello @Bobby

Welcome to the TechForum and thank you for posting your question. Are there any identifiable markings or numbers on either side of the part?

Thank you
-Robert

No there’s no visible markings

The board marking appears to designate that part as R48. Typically varistors are designated V or RV and R typically designates a resistor. So I’d guess it’s an inrush current limiting thermistor, not a varistor, and thermistors are often designated with an R.

The Ametherm SL32 2R025 Inrush Current Limiter looks very similar to the part in your photo. Since the PCB shows a 20A fuse in that area and the SL32 2R025 is a 25A rated part that might be the part. Of course getting that wrong could cause a catastrophic failure of other parts on the PCB so use my info at your own risk. :grimacing:
https://www.digikey.com/short/ppzjdv

1 Like

Thanks for the info

Hi Bobby, have you solved your problem ? I have also a problem with my board.
R78 and R79 blew up and I do not know their values. Woud it be possible to post a picture of those ? (Between 220uf cap. and transfo behind the IRFB9N65A.
Thanks a lot!

Hello,
Not sure if you found your answer but both are same and marking is R50F so 0.5Ohms (they are in parallel and size is 2010).
I never seen those damaged on those boards however.
Cheers,
Fred