Help to identify MOV varistor

Dear Forum,
Can you please help me to identify what specific varistor I need to order to replace this varistor in the image? This is a varistor from a KACO solar inverter, but their service people won’t tell me the spec’s of the varistor. Instead they require me to ship the inverter to them internationally and likely charge $600 just to replace this simple component that has failed.
I find three or four varistor options on Digi-key, but would like to narrow that down to the correct varistor.
Thank you for your assistance!
Jim

Thank you for your questions, 495-4301-ND looks to be the part you are looking for.

If the only thing wrong with the device is a dead MOV, then when you simply remove the MOV the product will work correctly again.

Of course, since an MOV is a surge protection device, you should not operate the device for very long without a functioning MOV.

1 Like

Super!
Thank you fellows for these helpful responses. And one more question…can you tell me how to ‘open the jaws’ of this small terminal block holding the varistors to the circuit board? It looks logical just to push on the two square ‘buttons’ with the diagonal lines across them. But if is a delicate device I don’t want to risk damaging anything in the course of trying to repair it.
I’ve looked at the WAGO website and tried to search for this type connector, but so far no luck. They advertise over 25,000 products and after searching their catalogue I believe them!
Thank you again for your prompt and helpful answers!
Cheers,
Jim

Those “lines” are there to provide secure footing for a tool used to do the pressing. See example wago 735 series datasheet here.

Howdy Paul,
Thank you so much for this suggestion…regarding removing the old varistor to test if the unit works. So helpful!
I am a solar installer/integrator but I rarely replace components smaller than an entire circuit board. But in this case, it is a KACO 7.6 kW solar inverter that took a lightning strike. I think/hope the only problem is the varistor, as everything else on the boards look fine. Otherwise it is very expensive proposition to replace the inverter or send it to the USA for repairs (minimum $600 plus shipping both ways!).
So first I will be testing it without the varistor…as you suggested.
THANK YOU!
Jim

Thank you Rick…seems it is indeed a simple push-button operation.
Thank you again!
Jim