High Voltage SSR

Hi all,

I’m looking for a high voltage (min 220VDC) SSR. I would like to end up with the function of a DPDT relay which I can make with multiple SP relays if needed. I am looking for a relay (non surface mount) that can handle cyclic loading (10+ million cycles) @ 200V and 0.1A. I’ve looked exhaustively and haven’t found much. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello efritz-HPC, welcome to the DigiKey TechForum.
Click here for the SSRs that I found. These can handle a 200VDC @ 100mA load, but the Input Voltage will be lower. I could not find a SSR that will have a 220VDC input, and handle a 200VDC load.

Solid-state relays of the DPDT sort are somewhat rare, for a variety of practical reasons. The sort of tasks a person might use such a relay for (such as reversing motor drives for example) often have solid-state implementations called by different names or can be built somewhat simply, but a great deal depends on the specifics of the task at hand.

Any additional information you’d care to offer would be helpful in suggesting possible solutions. For what it’s worth, cycle life is essentially a non-issue for properly designed semiconductor switches and voltage ratings for such are quite different from their electromechanical counterparts.