Is this DC DC CONVERTER a SCR device?

Hello rick_1976

Thank you for your fast reply. And thank you for sharing the same confused look that I have when trying to untangle the inspectors comments.

At some point he also said:
" Depend how does this device work.

If it is like a power supply 12vdc that convert voltage to 5VDC it could be an issue because it won’t limit the current under a class 2 level. But if it is only a voltage reducer like a kind of diode where the nominal current could not be higher than what the power supply can provide. This shall be acceptable.

What we are expecting is that there is no risk that voltage and current could exceed value from the section 16-200 of the CEC part 1.

In this case 0 to 20V 5amps.
12V X 3.3A = 39.6watts / 5v = 7.9amps"

My feeling is that this DcDc converter is a kind of “voltage reducer”.

I found this on the web when searching for the documents he refers to:

" Class 2 Circuits
This subsection outlines the requirements for installation of Class 2 circuits.

Rule 16-200 describes the limitations of a Class 2 circuit to prevent a shock or fire hazard under normal circumstances by:

• limiting the current of Class 2 circuits by various methods depending on the voltage;
  • energy limiting through use of suitable rated series resistors or similar devices; and
  • preventing a transformer or other power supply device having a Class 2 output to be connected in series or parallel with another Class 2 power source. (Note: a device having a Class 2 output must be marked as having energy-limiting characteristics and as suitable for the purpose)."
    I am adding an image so you can see the PCB I am talking about. But I understand that from just looking you will not gain much more info.

Anyway thank you for your input and please share more if you have.