JST Suffixes LF SN AU S N M prefixes G W C Q D

JST has suffixes and prefixes on many parts that do not show in the data. JST has offered the following information regarding these suffixes.

Prefixed characters indicate the factory of origin while suffixed characters may indicate RoHS compliance and/or internal JST changes (i.e. change in raw material supplier). Any internal changes denoted in the suffix do not affect part fit, form or function.

The following common prefixed characters would indicate the factory / country of origin. If there is no character prefixed to the part number, the country of origin is Japan:

(G) = Shanghai, China
(W) = Indonesia
(C) = Waukegan, Illinois, USA
(Q) = Korea
(D) = Malaysia

The following suffixed characters would indicate the part number is RoHS compliant. These typically apply to PCB mounted headers. The majority of housings and contacts are RoHS compliant as is and do not require these added characters. Please contact your JST sales representative to confirm RoHS compliance if you are uncertain:

(LF) = Lead-free. The finish would be 98% tin and 2% copper.

(LF)(SN) = Lead-free with a 100% pure tin finish [SN is the Periodic Table of Elements symbol for tin].

(LF)(AU) = Lead-free with a 100% gold finish [AU is the Periodic Table of Elements symbol for gold]. The gold finish would have a nickel underplate.

Other characters, such as (S), (N), (M), etc., would indicate modifications to the part, changes in the raw material supplier at the factory, or packaging. These characters differ from part to part and series to series.

For further information on specific series and parts please feel free to ask.

Source:jst.com/stock-check.html

See also:
https://forum.digikey.com/t/jst-kapton-tape-suction-cap-tf-tb-tft-tbt-suffix/7309?u=ryan_2724

Hello!

Regarding the JST suffixes. What is the meaning of the suffix P? does the same rule apply to this MPN?
B3B-PH-SM4-TBT(LF)(SN).P

Hello @catalin.bularca

I am not showing that part number in our system or on the datasheet. May I ask where you are seeing the .P?

-Robert

I saw this MPN on the Mouser website.
B3B-PH-SM4-GW-TB (LF)(SN)(P JST | Mouser Romania

I see it is not actually available through their site. It could be that it is a custom part.

1 Like

Oh, I understand. Thank you!