Layout and Connection of active electronics in Stratocaster

Hello to everyone. I hope that you and your families have been able to stay healthy and safe. I am new to the forum. Actually, I am new to forums in general. The purpose of my reaching out to this community is to find some help in tackling a project I have undertaken.

I had a perfectly good American Stratocaster that I decided to dismantle and modify. I purchased a loaded pickguard with Fishman Fluence active pickups. The stock setup was horrible and the components felt super cheap and difficult to use. I took this as an opportunity to customize the electronics to better suit my needs. Unfortunately, my understanding of electronics is limited. I have a diagram of what I would like to do. I will try to upload to this message.

Questions:
Is there any software available to the average Joe that can help me lay out the electronics with proper components?

If Not…

Is there someone with the knowledge and time to draw the connections on my diagram and to discuss the specifications of the switches?

Quick run-down of what I want:
Remove 2nd Tone pot and replace with switch for voices 1+2
Create 1 master volume + 1 master tone
Install mini on/off pushbutton for High Frequency Tilt [HFT]
[this feature cannot be in same switch as voices 1+2 because it carries a current]

Pickups are Fishman Fluence Singles in SSS configuration
They are active
Use 25k pots

I appreciate any help you can give me.Strat Rewire.pdf (706.1 KB)

Hello buzingha,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please take a look at our Scheme-It program below, this may be what you are looking for, we also have a Scheme-It TechForum section for related questions.

https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/design-tools/schemeit

https://forum.digikey.com/c/design-tools-and-resources/scheme-it/12

Awesome! thanks. I will look into it. If I put all the parts together that I want to use, will the program tell me if all the components will work together the way I want? Thanks again.

Hi buzingha,

Yes that is correct, you will be able to test it with voltmeters and oscilloscopes to measure waveforms.

Oh my. That will take some time to learn how to use. I don’t have any training in electronics. Honestly, I just don’t have the know-how to lay this out the proper way. I found one Luthier that was willing to look at my diagram, but he is pretty far away and I haven’t heard back from him.

You wouldn’t believe how hard it has been to find an Electronics Wizard locally who can help me lay this out. It’s probably inappropriate to jump into a forum and ask for help… I don’t know.

@buzingha - I just want to clarify that Scheme-it will not output measurements nor does it have the ability to “tell” you that components will work for your design.
It is up to the designer to determine what their project requires. Scheme-it will help with the ideation (by diagramming or flow chart), layout, and connections. Scheme-it is a very capable tool in these ways.
The Help page (found in the upper right Help menu) is great for understanding how the tool works and includes more details on the application’s features.