Missing Slot Holes on a Fabricated Board

I received a DKRed order of boards only to find that the slot holes were not drilled - pads are present but no holes in them. The holes appeared in the preview before ordering, leading me to believe that the files were all good. How should these be specified so that they are drilled in the fabricated boards?
Other topics on the forum seem to indicate that the slot holes may not be supported, but I did not find any particular documentation for board house capabilities to specifically indicate that.

I’d suggest taking this up with Digi-key directly.

Hello @SmartSense,

Sorry your boards came in incorrect. I have private messaged you so we can take care of this in a private setting.

I just received PCBs today that have missing slots Milled on them; I was also unaware this capability was not available…can you help me with this issue? This is not the first time I’ve had this problem…

My understanding is that milling slots or cutout areas inside of the outline is not in the DKred capabilities.

2 Likes

A slot cut would be considered an internal cutout, the current guidelines/FAQ indicates DKRed does not have that capability.

Per the DKRed PCB FAQ

That’s a real shame, I really like the quality of the DKRed PCBs…I guess I’ll go to OSHPark for my boards with cutouts :upside_down_face:

1 Like