RE: FLIR Lepton v2 breakout Board/BBB

Yeap, rip that resistor off…

upgrade to r58, (pushed today…) it was doing some weird things with lcd’s…

what did you change?

Regards,

Hello,

I just changed the required changes in the .dts from the eewiki. I forgot to put in the uboot-overlay. I need to reboot.

Seth

P.S. I will update the kernel now before rebooting w/ the required overlay. Oh and I changed the version of the SPI uboot-overlay from 0 to 1. Sir, I should just rip off both both or just one? I will check the Stackoverflow again.

The LCD5 shouldn’t need that change… it was only the LCD7 that had pins on the spi bus…

Only SPI0 needs the fix, just make sure you wire the correct pins…

How are you powering that LCD? make sure it’s micro USB connector is plugged in for power…

Regards,

Hello,

Okay. The LCD5 does not need the change okay. I will change it back. Right about SPI0, okay. The LCD is powered via the 5v on the BBGW.

Seth

P.S. Should I plug in the micro USB on the Cape to the USB on the BBGW?

Which the BBGW does not provide…

Nope, both devices BBGW and the LCD both need their own individual USB charger/power supply…

Regards,

Hello,

This is odd then b/c I got the Cape powered via the 5v and 3.3v supply from the BBGW, i.e. sys_5v and 3.3v.

Seth

P.S. I will change this now.

Hello Sir,

Okay. You were right. I jumped to conclusions before I understood that the FLIR camera was supposed to show on the LCD but camera does not show on the LCD just yet.

I am showing the FLIR camera on the vncserver now but…

• I am not getting the LCD pop ups like I figured I would from what I am understanding.

and…

• I am out of ideas. Oops.

Seth

P.S. Is there a command I can run to give you some insight on to why my pop up on the LCD is not showing?

what’s on your LCD screen right now? (take a picture…)

Hello,

Here it is:

Here!

Seth

Well that’s the desktop, connect a Mouse and keyboard… :wink:

Regards,

Hello,

oh!

Seth

Hello Sir,

I have received the red square…instead of the camera stream.

Seth

P.S. On vncserver, the camera stream is okay but on the LCD Screen is when I come across the red square. Is this normal for what is going on? I am using SPI_1.0 right now for CS, CLK, and MISO.

If it’s red, then it means a communication failure… Double check permissions, do you need to be running as root or debian, double check spi channel and finally the value in the qt5 application.

Regards,

Hello,

Okay. I will check permissions.

Seth

Hello Sir,

Seth here: ./spidev_test

spi mode: 0
bits per word: 8
max speed: 500000 Hz (500 KHz)

00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00

I am not sure exactly what this means. I understand spi mode: 0 but that is b/c I have the overlay installed.

Seth

Hello…I will be back later. I checked permissions and the permissions are okay. I do not need root to run the script. I can just type ./bbb and it pops up but I am still on the red square on the desktop on the LCD.

I will be back later. If you need to see the photo of the LCD desktop, please let me know but it is just the red square.

Seth

Do you have miso shorted to mosi?

Regards,

Hello Sir,

No. I did not short MISO to MOSI. Are there any GPIO pins needed in this effort?

Seth

P.S. I will short MISO to MOSI and reply w/ the info.

For the spidev_test program to work, miso must be connected to mosi…

Regards,

Yes Sir,

I figured that out too late and then I left. I will get that done today if you are going to be around. If not, please just check the feed at some point. Posting soon!

Seth