Regarding SMS 7630: schottky diode

Hello,

I am designing a high frequency half wave rectifier using SMS7630 (Schottky diode). The SPICE model mentioned in the datasheet are used for modelling the diode. The simulation environment used is ADS. I would like to know whether the model mentioned in the datasheet is for

(i) smal signal nonlinear model
OR
(ii) large signal nonlinear model

Kindly help me with this. Looking forward to get a response.

Thank you,
Athul Shaji

Athul,

Welcome to the DigiKey TechForum. I have looked into answering your question. I am sorry to say that I was unable to find an answer in the documentation available to me. With that said, I have already sent out communication to others who may be able to get this answer for us. I will update this response when I hear more. Thank you for your patience!

Hi Athul.

Thank you for your question. I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Skyworks says, “Spice model is for small signal analysis (we typically build the circuit and perform large signal testing.)”

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks.

Curtis Johnson

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Will it be possible to understand how large signal testing is done? So if I use the SPICE model mentioned in the datasheet it will only capture the small signal nonlinear behavior, right?

Athul

Hi Athul.

You are correct. If you use the SPICE model mentioned, it will capture the small signal nonlinear behavior. For the large signal testing, they build the particular circuit to test. That would be whatever circuit you are planning on building.

Thanks.
Curtis