Understanding IC enable LOW and HIGH

Hello, my understanding is that IC enable LOW or HIGH are given by the voltages defined in the component datasheet. What is puzzling me is the datasheet for PMIC S-816A50 shows the following, but surely these are the wrong way around, in that a LOW would be less than 0.3v and a HIGH a minimum of 2.4v please?

s-816 enable

This appears to be what the datasheet excerpt shown is indicating, in reference to VS(H/L)

Andrew,

I see that Rick has answered this question for you but I had started working on it prior to that. Since I did I thought I might share it anyway.

Understanding what is actually happening.

Power Transition from Low To High

The voltage potential starts at zero. The device is in a OFF state when a rush of voltage is suddenly present. To us it appears to be a sudden and immediate change, however there is transition time, much like the filling of a cup. The device stays in the off state up to the moment it reaches the VSH Value. This is the lowest value the voltage can be and switch from off to on.

Power Transition from High To Low

The voltage potential is High. The device is in a ON state when the voltage is suddenly removed and it starts to decrease. The device stays in the ON state up to the moment it reaches the VSL
Value. This is the lowest value the voltage can be and switched from on to off

Looking at it over time

Looking at the graph below you can see that 2.4V is the lowest Voltage that is able to obtain an ON state. You can also see that 0.3V is the highest Voltage able to obtain an OFF state.

Hopefully this helps!