Unknown Part

Dear community,

I am not sure what this part actually is. Could someone illustrate what it is and what it’s used for?


That part 609-2378-ND is referred to as a Polarizing Plug.
This is used in a connector to Fill a Space where a Contact would go. In the case there are Multiple connectors that are the same this is a Way to have them set up to Not be able to get plugged into the wrong connector.
This also helps a connector to get plugged In the correct way. Not get plugged in the Wrong way.
Usually these are specified for a Certain Series of connectors. They are not considered universal.

I hope this helps you out.
Any questions Let us know.

Part number 65307-001LF is inserted into a contact position in connectors within the mini-PV series. They can be sold as individual, loose-packed pieces or sold on strips. See page 03, section 5.5 of the following document to understand how this is used to polarize a connector. In other words, it ensures that connectors can only mate with the correct matching connector, or can only be inserted with the correct orientation: [click here https://cdn.amphenol-icc.com/media/wysiwyg/files/documentation/bus-12-067.pdf ].

Here are some examples of Mini-PV connector housings where this product might be used: [click here https://www.digikey.com/short/zd9pvp ].