Webinar: How to Implement Predictive Maintenance and Reduce Downtime - Banner

Banner

Webinar Date: May 4th, 2023

This post covers Key Takeaways and Frequently Asked Questions from the Banner How to Implement Predictive Maintenance and Reduce Downtime webinar regarding predictive maintenance. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or a curious newcomer, you’ll find plenty of valuable information watching the webinar. Links to the Webinar, Resources, and Related Content are provided within the post. A copy of the PowerPoint presentation will be provided for customers that register to watch the recorded webinar. All Snippets and Content Compliments of Banner.

Key Takeaways

• Predictive maintenance is a proactive approach to monitoring, diagnosing, and addressing potential asset problems. It leverages data, analytics, and machine learning to inform staff of maintenance needs creating more predictability and reducing costly downtime.

• Monitoring and datalogging machine data such as voltage, current, vibration, pressure and temperature are a few ways to assist with predictive maintenance.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is it possible to use the Banner Web Cloud on my own service isolated from the web?

• Banner Web Cloud is based on the web. If you want to use your own server or status system, we would recommend using one of our gateways to keep it local to the facility.

How long would it take to install a few sensors on a machine and to start monitoring it?

• After installation, it may only take a few minutes to begin monitoring.

Is Banner Web Cloud free?

• It depends on how much data is being pulled but is completely a cost effective solution. Bannercds.com will show different tier structures for cloud data service plans.

My company has strict rules connecting things to a network, how do you deal with this?

• Gathering data into a controller but not allowed putting it on the network using another connection such as cellular connection which we have a lot of our controllers to push data to the cloud.

Do we have to use a certain sensor or can we pick what works best?

• If we don’t have the correct sensor for your application, we can offer a converter to pull in data from any industrial source.

Do you have wireless sensors easy to install if I have longer distances between my equipment and the gateway?

• You can wire sensors directly or choose from many different wireless sensors we offer such as wireless sensor nodes.

Webinar Links and Resources

Webinar Registration Link:

Link to DigiKey Webinar Center:

Supplier Center:

DigiKey Banner Product Offerings:

Example Webinar Slides

-Much more in-depth slides and a copy of the PowerPoint presentation will be provided for customers that register to watch the recorded webinar.