ZCU104 Evaluation Kit PMOD connector

For the ZCU104 Evaluation Kit do the PMOD input pins have any kind of protection on the board?

Most evaluation kit products do not incorporate protection against ESD etc, since they’re intended for use as a development aid in controlled environments.

As such, incorporating protective devices would increase production costs, encourage unapproved use as an OEM module, and not reliably add benefit in the intended use case due to the inability to predict the entry point of an applied stress event.

1 Like

The schematic indicates the PMOD connectors go straight to LVCMOS33 standard pins without TVS diode protection.

Chapter 2 of User Guide on ESD Caution advises against touching the circuit board:

Please review our Anti-Static Accessories to help when working with these products.

That answers my primary question, thank you. And we will work under the guidelines DigiKey has provided.

And just to be clear, when you say, “The schematic indicates the PMOD connectors go straight to LVCMOS33 standard pins without TVS diode protection.” do you mean the LVCMOS33 pins on the FPGA?

Correct. I found TVS protection in the schematics for the HDMI connections but I didn’t see anything for the PMOD connectors.

Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ZCU104 Evaluation Kit (xilinx.com)