Application Note for Allegro A89301 BLDC driver

I am trying to use A89301 and am getting into rotor “lock” error. The datasheet is insufficient. It refers to an Application Note for the device, but I am unable to get it. It is some secret document?

1 Like

Hi @surabibio,

Hmmm, good question. I couldn’t find it either. I have put in a request on where to find it. I’ll let you know when I hear back. Best regards.

Since I’ve used the Allegro “Technical Resources” search engine a lot over that last decades I took a look. This result may be what you’re looking for:
https://www.allegromicro.com/en/insights-and-innovations?type=Motor+Drivers&topic=Application+Note&q=A89301+

Hi Paul, thanks for your effort.

This link is an error. This application note is for an older device A3930. I am trying to use their “Ultra-Quiet, Code-Free, FOC Sensorless BLDC Motor Controller” family. For this I could not get any other document other than the datasheet. Even the factory default EEPROM values have to be read from the device using the I2C interface!. It is nowhere publicly documented.

BR,

Ravi Ganesh

Bummer :frowning:

Allegro and Digi-Key are both great companies so I’m pretty sure @David_1528 will be able to get this sorted out for you.

And the A89301 and the just launched A89306 (400Hz RPM) are great devices. Only Allegro wants to target select customers which their innovation.

I was able to get the invaluable Application Note. Thanks Paul, David and Digikey.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

1 Like

Can you send me an Application Note,Thank you

David should get you this. Meanwhile I thought this bitfield to C snippet file for the A89301 device might be useful. I hope Allegro includes such tools in their downloads in future to make life easy for us engineers.