Bridge rectifier substitution

Hello. I need to replace a KBP08M bridge rectifier. I went to the DigiKey listing for this obsolete part and clicked the relevant radio buttons to search for a substitution and only found other obsolete (zero stock) parts.

Can anyone help me match this? I’m still learning about substitutions and appreciate your help; maybe some of the original specs I picked don’t need to perfectly match the replacement?

Thanks.
Zack

Hello @Zack_parts,

From what I can find, all rectifiers in the 4-SIP, KBPM package we had in our system, from all manufacturers, were discontinued. I did find a few active products that we have in stock in a 4-pin inline package with specifications meeting or exceeding those of the KBP08M, but none were quite the same physical package, such as the RS407GL-BPMS-ND on the following link:

RS407GL-BP Micro Commercial Co | Discrete Semiconductor Products | DigiKey

Here is a link to the rest of the single inline parts with similar electrical specifications:

Bridge Rectifiers | Diodes | Electronic Components Distributor DigiKey

Sincerely,
Justin

1 Like

Ahh, okay. I’ll check out the part(/s) you link, thanks. I can probably get away with different shapes as long as the pins can reach the same positions as the original.
Thanks.
Zack

Hello @Zach_parts,
It may try KBP08G from Diodes which is similar to KBP08M brige rectifier specification and its dimension.

Sincerely,
Barley