Can anyone confirm Beagleboard-xM audio currently works?

I’m currently running Ubuntu on a Beagleboard-xM rev C. The Linux was built early this morning:
Linux arm 4.19.72-armv7-x40 #1 PREEMPT Thu Nov 21 06:50:51 EST 2019 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

The Ubuntu root file system was downloaded today from: https://rcn-ee.com/rootfs/eewiki/minfs/ubuntu-18.04.3-minimal-armhf-2019-09-16.tar.xz

I installed (via “sudo apt install …”) several audio programs that run without complaint but I don’t hear anything from my amplified speakers (even when set to maximum amplification). I only hear noise when I connect/disconnect the speakers. The speakers work when used with a PC.

Can anyone confirm Beagleboard-xM audio currently works?

Since posting the initial message, sound worked a couple times after; powering on, failing to get audio, and then re-booting.

@kec19, i think this driver recently got rewritten on mainline, so we might have disabled a driver… The magic amixer setting use to be:

amixer -c0 sset 'DAC1 Digital Fine' 40
amixer -c0 sset 'Headset' 2
amixer -c0 sset 'HeadsetL Mixer AudioL1' on
amixer -c0 sset 'HeadsetR Mixer AudioR1' on

Regards,

Since creating this topic, one of the many applications/tests I did changed the system behavior for the better. Now I consistently get sound output.

I suspect the change of behavior is related to root file system state changes. One possible example is the creation of “/var/lib/alsa/asound.state”.