Constant current or constant voltage?

Looking at the LEDs 1510-1323-ND what would be the proper dimmable driver a constant current or constant voltage? I do not see any current limiting resistors. I see the LEDS are in series of 8 then paralleled from there. I am looking to try to get around 1000 micromoles @ 6" from the LED for horticulture plant growth.

Current control is not built into that product, so you’d want a constant-current driver.

Based on very loose comparison with a product such as 1510-SL-B8R5C9H1AWW-ND that’s specifically characterized for horticulture applications, achieving a PPF of 1000 umol/s output would require something on the order of 14-15 such assemblies.

Hey Rick,

Sorry if you got this message couple times. I tried responding via email and do not see it here.
Do you know if they have a constant voltage version? I do not see a way to look filter by horticulture and not all datasheet seem to show the light freq. I know the blues and reds are what growers are looking for but want white light not “blurble”. Looking at constant voltage so we can easily adapt lights to customers needs and when a failure does occur not the entire light fixture is out. This tends to happen when users are not there and last over weekend and upset lights were not working. Then plants die or take a while to recover and ruins the test. These are typically for research not consumption. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

CoB-type arrays and modules of this sort are very rarely encountered with on-board current regulation to permit use of a voltage input, as such tends to result in higher cost, lower efficacy, and reduced configuration flexibility. To find horticulture-targeted products, use “horticulture” in the DK search.

Use of parallel-configured arrays in conjunction with a dimmable driver would allow adaptability with some measure of resilience against failure of a single element. Such failures ought not be a common feature, and if encountered with regularity should be viewed as indicator of room for improvement in assembly process or application.

1 Like