Correct soldering wiring to star boards?

Hi there, I purchased the LZ4-V4UV0R-0000 and it has now come time to do my soldering. I have gone through the documentation and they don’t do any simple soldering steps for me to follow. I only have a positive and negative wire and the star board has so many soldering points I don’t know where to solder them. I am a noob so please be gentle :slight_smile:

I am using the LCM-40DA driver, its connected to a simple on/off switch, not making use of the dimmer function. The star board will be attached to a heatsink with reflector.

Please can you help me with a tutorial or possibly a video link to show me how to get it done without my ignorance damaging anything?

Best regards,
Jason

Hi Jay,

I found this photo on page 6 of the datasheet which should be helpful with the internal wiring of the diodes.

Here we can see the Anode (+) and Cathode (-) of each LED which corresponds to the numbering you may find on your starboard.

To turn on all LED’s at once with your driver you could connect these in Series. Solder jumper wires from 2 to 3, 4 to 5, and 6 to 7. 1 will be your - and 8 your + in.

1 Like

Thank you so much… your last description of using jumper wires is what I was looking for.
Big help thank you.