DKRed international shipping

I recently worked with a board house (not through DigiKey) that built and shipped my board promptly, but it got stuck in shipping after arriving in the USA because of a lack of customs paperwork. I don’t know whether paperwork wasn’t supplied or FedEx lost it.

I’m wondering whether DKRed shipping has an advantage in this area. Will my boards be

1. Shipped direct to me (in the USA) from another country.
  2. Shipped to a facility you control in the USA and then sent on to me with no possibility of customs issues.
  3. Something else.

Thanks!

Hi, Welcome to Tech Forum. The DKRED boards are made in the USA. Shipping is free, and no customs when shipped to a US address.
https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/dkred

1 Like

Thanks! My next order will be with DKRED.

Hi @VeloSteve - just wanted to chime in and say that DKRed PCBs are produced in the USA (California specifically) and will be shipped directly to you from the Board House. As Glenda said, the shipping is free on the DKRed PCBs. Thanks again for your questions and post!

how long does it usually take to get a small board?

Hi,
DKRed boards will be shipped within 10 business days from ordering.

See the link to Lindsay’s post below.

Ok thanks for the quick reply

I ordered on April 29 and it is now May 13. No board so far. I live about an hour from the board house, so shipping should not take long (I’d happily drive there to get my boards if I could).

Delays happen, but the frustrating thing is having no way to check on the status. I can’t tell if my order is in someones “in box”, ready for production, in production, shipped, or lost.

Most places have internal tracking of this sort of thing. A customer view of that would be very reassuring.

Hi @VeloSteve, Can you send me your order number via private message and I will check in on the status of your board?

I’ve also submitted an enhancement request for a status tracker on the PCBs. That’d be helpful so you can see where the order is standing.

Thanks,
Lindsay

Thanks! I don’t know whether you had an impact, but the board is marked complete today. I also learned that the “Need help” button on the order status page is the way to go. I saw more than one way of making contact, and probably chose the wrong one at first.

And yes, a status tracker would be great.

1 Like