Dual CAN bus recommendation

Hello!

*I think this post should be in the “cross reference category” but I’m unable to post there at the moment.

I was hoping someone could help me locate a comparable product on the digikey website.

I am looking for a dual CAN bus board for a teensy 4.0, preferably able to be powered by 12 V DC

The project/instructions I am following recommended this (it’s a triple bus, but it’s my understanding I’ll only be using the 2, 2.0B):

The Teensy 4.0 Triple CAN Bus Board is a Teensy 4.0 board with triple CAN Bus connections, two Classical CAN 2.0B, and one CAN FD. It can be powered by an external +12 VDC power supply with reverse voltage protection.

Thank you for your time!

Here are the instructions I am following for my project, if it helps:

Hello Ksw,
regarding our board recommendation for dual CAN bus, please check out this item:

AC164130-2

This includes two CAN and 2 LIN Transceivers, 4 Socketed IC’s as a DAUGHTER BOARD for CAN/LIN from Microchip Technology’s PICtail™ Plus series.

1 Like

Thank you for your help Rolf_Horn. :+1:

Sorry for the late reply.

Can you help me understand how to power this correctly?

Reading the datasheet, it appears the Lin transceivers can be powered by an external 12V. Would that power the teensy along with the board you’ve recommended? How about the CAN transceivers, only 5v it seems? It is the CAN transceivers I will be using for this project.

I have access to the tractor’s 12v system.