Hello and Type of Coaxial Connection

This may seem odd but…

I am having a difficult time to find the exact type of press fit Coaxial Connections. They are like Oscilloscope connections but for coaxial cables.

Wait for the photo!

I was foolish, still am. Anyway, I tried to tear apart a coaxial thinking I could just fit in the pwr without gnd. DIR! No go or my “smart TV” is too not smart for displaying…

Anyway, I was thinking of making a connector but I need press fit and a 1/4th turn apparatus.

update

F-Type?

Oops…I got it.

Male BNC…sorry to harass everyone…

Hello Again,

This is very much so not an easy task. Therefore, I will be patient. I need a RG59A to regular coaxial (I think).

Seth

P.S. So, one end accepts the BNC and the other is male threaded (ID). I am sorry if this makes no sense. I will keep trying to research this idea and see if cable assemblies are available from digikey.

Hello silver2row - the only BNC cable assemblies we have that are RG59A cable are BNC to BNC, but it doesn’t sound like that’s what you’re looking for. There are thousands of other cables that are BNC on one end and other connectors on the other, but you’re going to need to determine what the other connector is (but these are not RG59A cable). Here’s a link to those

1 Like

@Jenny_1307 ,

Seth here. I am new to these types of cables, i.e. as I am without reference. In my photo, is that a BNC type of male or a BNC type of female connector? If so, is it male or female?

And if it is female, which I think it is currently, my other end of the BNC cable needs to be a “regular coaxial” cable that would fit on a TV or other appliance with that male, interior threaded coax.

Seth

P.S. I will keep trying to allow for conversation. I do not know the specific types of coax. I looked online, researched the ideas, and have come to a conclusion. I know nothing about the types of coax available or even what they look to resemble.

I definitely need the cable assembly. Thank you for the link.
I will research it and look through the assemblies and datasheets.

Thank you for taking time out.

The product listings can be rather useful as a means of gaining such reference. In this case, one might go to the coaxial connector family, sort by “connector style” and start filtering out the options that don’t match. Cumbersome perhaps, but educational.

The connector above indeed appears to be the common BNC style, and the connector commonly used for cable TV connections is called “F type”. It’s not a particularly common application so we have no cable assemblies in stock, however coaxial connector adapters are available for many combinations, BNC-to-F included.

Industry convention is to reckon the gender of coaxial connectors according to the form of the central contact, not the more prominent shield contact. Confusion on the point runs rampant, and the existence of “reverse polarity” versions of many common types doesn’t help.

1 Like

Thank you…although I was hoping for an assembly already done, an adapter will work just fine.

Seth

P.S. Off to research adapters now!

Confusion on the point runs rampant, and the existence of “reverse polarity” versions of many common types doesn’t help.

That is what you typed previously. I understand now. There is a male to female inner portion too that has nothing to do with the external parts. Thank you for making me understand.

It sure fooled me. I think I found something. Does this seem reasonable for a BNC Plug to F Jack?

The BNC screws on to the camera port and the middle portion will be the F Plug to F Plug that then attaches to the TV for viewing the camera feed. I think I got it now. Thank you @Jenny_1307 and @rick_1976 . I appreciate you two taking time out to let me know about what type of research tools mentally I needed and what you all offered in the form of search tools.

yea boy!

Seth

Yes, that looks to be a good option for an adapter that converts a BNC male pin type to a F type female.

1 Like

@Steve_Fellman ,

Yes sir…thank you to everyone for enduring my lack of understanding in the coax world. I appreciate everyone’s time and effort.

Seth

P.S. I am going to purchase one and see how far it gets me… I need to wait, of course, until I need more parts so S & H is a bit lower. Anyway, thank you again!