Help to identify LED offline driver

My experience with semiconductor manufacturers who act similar to this one is very often not that they are going out of business, but rather they simply have no desire to do business with anyone not willing to buy a 5 to 7 figure minimum quantity.

1 Like

It wouldn’t cost them much to politely respond to any inquiry and send out free samples. To spread the word around, confirm that the company is alive and well, and improve their chances for a sizeable order. In my particular case, two out of four lamps failed. Could point to quality problems with the driver, and the reason they are quiet.

Hi aaroutio,

You have to understand that the last thing most component manufacturers have time for is to talk with individuals. The goal of most semiconductor companies is to try to win > million piece design-ins, and anything else is just a noisy and potentially costly distraction. This is somewhat true anywhere, but particularly true for mainland Asian companies. That’s why some manufacturers have distributor partnerships - to work with the customers for whom they don’t have the time.

Of cause I understand. Mine is an alternative view. May be I’m naive, but I think that good customer service might be better for the bottom line.

Yea, I get your point. But they could get an extra hand to be responsible for small orders. Because right now, I’m not aware of any distributor for the product.

We share your view here, but not all companies have the same outlook.