Help with Hirose Connector Outer Finish

I’ve tried to contact Hirose by email; no response. Their US phone number has no support option. DigiKey as a partner so I’ll give the forum a try.

We have a capable assembly with Hirose connector part numbers LF10WBP-12P(31), and LF10WBP-12S(31). I’m trying to verify the outer finish. The Hirose website says a black finish, but the photos and the parts we have are a metal/ silver finish.

https://www.hirose.com/en/product/p/CL0136-0008-0-31#documentSection

Previous parts received are black.

Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

For the LF10WBP-12P(31) and the S version are Nickel finished so they should be silver in color.

The datasheet has very good images of this part and its mates.

Thank you
Ryan

Agreed.

On the Hirose website for this part under Housing Color it says black.

Hi gclark,

Every bit of documentation and images that I have found on this product, with the exception of the one place on their website that you mention, indicates that it is nickel plated zinc. I’m quite confidant that it is an error on their website to state that it is black.

From the datasheet linked from our website:

Image of connector from same datasheet:

From the drawing document for the LF10WBP-12P(31):


Thank you for the clarification :+1: