How the BOM Tool Works and If It is Working in General?

Hello,

I have a BOM .xlsx file created and saved on the DigiKey.com BOM tool creator. Is this still a thing? I mean, is it working and is it a legitimate way to order from DigiKey?

The reason I am asking is b/c my BOM was a bit misleading w/ separate Cap values in different cells in Rows/Columns on the Excel spreadsheet.

Seth

P.S. I have the file still and it is in working order but I had to erase some items. Since that time, I have accumulated another reference of the BOM that may need updating. Before I order back ordered parts, I would like a bit of help. Here is the Pick_and_Place file:

DigiKey_Assist_for_Cape_MFG.txt (35.4 KB)

If that file cannot be viewed for some reason, please do reply. I can also provide the file for the BOM from the DigiKey order of back ordered parts that is undone for now. I just mean it is not a complete order nor has it been ordered yet.

Hello,

I guess what exactly I am asking is this idea:

• Once the BOM is created and I am missing items, either b/c of DigiKey not selling them or them being out-of-stock, is there a way to have you or your company handle what is missing in my BOM?

and…

• If you need additional info. on what is missing on the BOM tool b/c of them being unavailable currently, is there any guarantee that I will receive my items when they do become available?

Seth

P.S. I have nine pages of items where most of them are unavailable in my BOM. I am just trying to do as little work as possible on this front. If this is not what the forum is used for currently, please disregard my questions and ideas.

Hello @silver2row

The best option if you have that many items would be to send your list to quotes@digikey.com to see if we are able to get those parts for you that are not currently listed.

-Robert

1 Like

Hello,

Okay…I will send in an email to the quotes dept.

Thank you.

Seth

Hello @Robert_Fay ,

Seth here. I am working on building something. The mfg. of choice is having a complication for part number(s):

• CD0603-S0180 - supposedly this is an obsolete part. Is there anyway to get an updated component of the same values?

• BAV70-V - I cannot tell which part this is so far. I am still doing some research on it. The mfg. says it is having the incorrect part number. It may just be the BAV70?

• SM72485MM/NOPB - I think these have a severely long lead time, i.e. which cuts into my 30 day mfg. quote length.

Anyway, I am looking to attain these parts w/ these rules:

DigiKey_PCB.PNG

So, if I could get the SM72485MM/NOPB parts as a continuous strip of tape and not in the 1000 quantity, this would be good for me. I cannot afford to spend $2000.00 plus on just one type of component.

Seth

P.S. All of these, the three components, need to be in reels or a continuous strip of tape. I know this is a bit picky but this is what they require of me so far.

Hello @Robert_Fay ,

I contacted quotes@digikey.com and found little response. Actually, I have received a zero count reply so far.

I understand the shortage right now and the urgency of everyone and their needs/wants.

Seth

P.S. Anyway, please tell 'em. Seth needs/wants them too!