Identify P24004 component

This is on a Jumper Technologies Ezbook x3 laptop motherboard

I have been trying to locate a schematic / Service manual but have got zero response from any Forum

I am sorry, I can not locate any information for that part to identify that part.

I removed it from the PCB and took a look at the underside, but forgot to take a photo…

I do however recall it’s footprint looking something like this
(NOTE: I quickly drew this myself on my phone so none of the pads are spaced equally…. But I have no idea what package this is either?

Hi Techie_hobby1,

The package could be DFN2x2-3L and the component is likely a some sort of TVS-diode. A close but not exact match is Eaton’s STN20224.
https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/products/electronic-components/resources/data-sheet/eaton-stn202xxxuxxx-tvs-diode-array-esd-suppressor-data-sheet.pdf

Hope this helps even a qubit.
Cheers,
heke, AsamaLab

1 Like

Hello Techie,

I think heke is right on the money here or at least very close.
We have some of those STN202s in the link below.
TVS Diodes | Transient Voltage Suppressors (TVS) | Electronic Components Distributor DigiKey

Take a look at the data sheets on them for more info.
Regards,

1 Like

@heke that is spot on to exactly what I have been searching information for.

It is identical to that… now I have just got to work out if it is that which is shorting to ground or something else causing the laptop not to power up
@Irfan_Koric
Thank you for the datasheet links as well

Also…Just putting it out there, but would you agree that the P24 on my physical component would suggest it has the 24v reverse working voltage?

Techie_hobby1

Also…Just putting it out there, but would you agree that the P24 on my physical component would suggest it has the 24v reverse working voltage?

Typically laptop power supplies are in range of 17-21V, thus 24V could be a fair guess. To test if the TVS is causing the trouble with your laptop, just remove it and see if the unit powers up without it (plug first in the DC-jack and then connect the power supply to AC-source to avoid the inductive in-rush spiking). If the test fails, next take a look at the DC-jack. It is the most common origin of a complete black-out.