IEC 52(RVV) Cord for Load Cell

Hello,

I am having a hard time believing that this cord in my possession is for the load cell I have currently.

It seems that it handles, up to, 250v @ 10A which, as we all know, is 2500W. It has two plugs, i.e. each w/out the holes in the plugs.

Please hold for photo:

The mfg. is Phino and it just struck me as very peculiar.

So, I have been on the hunt researching ideas and looking for matches to this new cable in my life.

Seth

P.S. Oh…if you know about this cable, please do reply. As…I am seeing that it is a direct fit.

Hello Again,

To userland out here, I see the Phino site has similar types but not the exact type: China 2-Pin Angle Type Plug to C7 AC Power Cord Set 2.5A 250_Products | AC power cord, plugs, sockets and wire harness manufacturer Phino Electric .

Seth

P.S. Is there a way to reverse engineer this item, cable wise, so that I am using the proper 125v @ 20A or is this just a mistake to have currently? I am trying to configure it to use it for selling small goods and it seems that this cable is getting in the way. The hardware is not Open Source, i.e. obviously. But! They have some download sections for the load cell in question (not too reversed engineered so far as I can tell).

That appears to be a routine NEMA 1-15 to IEC320-C7 power cable. Similar items are in stock here. Current ratings for such products and their corresponding (-C8) appliance inlets vary depending on context, but in general the IEC320-C7/C8 interconnect system is best suited for low-power/low cost applications, and I would not recommend it for loads that draw more than 2.5A.

If the forgoing is not responsive to your inquiry, I would kindly ask for clarification of your precise questions.

1 Like

Hello,

@rick_1976 , is it okay if I use this plug and the TCS transcell on 125v plugs or is this plug for a Chinese receptacle only?

Seth

P.S. I think this is what I am getting at currently. I am trying to figure out if this power cord is suitable for use in the US based AC system.

A) NEMA1-15 plugs are usable in the US electrical system. Holes are optional, though useful for manufacturing & assembly purposes.
B) NEMA1-15 plugs are not typically used in China
C) It’s not obvious what “TCS transcell” refers to. Please remember that it’s hard to read minds from this side of the screen.

1 Like

Hello Sir,

Sorry. The TCS transcell is a counting scale.

Seth

P.S. This is the data regarding the link I posted from the Phino Site:

China 2-Pin Angle Type Plug to C7 AC Power Cord Set 2.5A 250
Voltage250V
AMP2.5A
ColorBlack or customized products can be offered upon requests
MaterialPVC
Min. Order Q’ty1000PCS
Production capacity500000PCS/Month
Plug P/NoPHP-201A
Plug AMP/Voltage6A 250V
Connector p/NoPHS-204R
Connector AMP/Voltage2.5A 250V

TCS3T-60lb Counting Scale - Digital Scale | Load Cell | Digital Indicator • Transcell Technology is the scale in question.

Seth

From their web site:

Transcell Technology, Inc. is a U.S. based manufacturer since 1981.

Given that, any common standard NEMA 1-15 to IEC320-C7 cord, like the ones Rick linked, will work with the product per USA safety standards (their liability insurance provider will insist on it).

FYI, referring to your device as a load cell created confusion for me since I’m familiar with load cells and they never connect directly to AC power.

What you have is a digital weighing scale with counting capability (that uses a load cell for the sensing circuit).

For future reference, to get a faster accurate reply on a list of technicians and engineers a better opening post would have been:

I need a replacement power cord for a counting scale. The manufacturers replacement part is $12 and I hope to save some money.

Here’s a link to the scale:
TCS3T-60lb Counting Scale | Transcell
and the power cord:
Power Cord - US Plug (NEMA 1-15) | Transcell

2 Likes

@PaulHutch ,

Hello…the reason I was thinking this particular power cord was for Chinese use in their AC systems was b/c of the 250v @ 10A listed on the Phino power cord I currently hold. It is two prong. Yes.

I understand that the power cord their company sells is $12.00. I found this online. The company, local US based in TX, stated to me via email that the cord I hold works for the Transcell TCS-60lb counting scale.

Thank you for making me understand the differences in a weighing scale and a digital scale. I will read over the items hopefully sooner than later so I can get a real feel for what I am typing.

Seth

P.S. The cord is a 250v @ 10A cord. At least it states this voltage and amperage on the cord. It also has a 2.5A rating embossed on the plastic. It fooled me. I was not trying to use what the cord has embossed on it as a way to save me funds but it is good to know that is available too!

Hello @rick_1976 and @PaulHutch ,

Hey you guys? Guess what! This darn cord, the NEMA 1 - 15, works and actually works well. I just do not know why they have the embossed portions of the cord stating 250v @ 10A and 2.5A. Mysteries?

Anyway, the cord is working and charging the scale. I am sorry I bothered the room here on the forums.

So, in hindsight, I could have just plugged in the cord but it seemed peculiar to me that on the cord states what it states.

Seth

P.S. To any degree here, I appreciate you guys replying and communicating ideas and facts.

Hi Seth,
Glad it worked out for you and no worries on using the chat forum, that’s why we’re here. Ask questions whenever you want to and thanks for posting your information !

1 Like

@Steve_Fellman ,

Sir, do you know why this specific cord has embossed 250v @ 10A and then on the other end 250v @ 2.5A?

It is really too much to understand. I have not done further investigation but I think my dealings w/ the companies of this cord and the weighing/counting scale just ended up w/ me being ramrodded into purchasing items. So, I kind of disregarded what they said in general.

Seth

P.S. Anyway, I guess I may never know?

I know it has to do with different international standards and ratings agencies but I couldn’t remember the specifics, so I looked it up on Wikipedia.

In North America, UL/CSA/NOM-ANCE rate IEC320 C7/C8 connectors for 10A. IEC itself rates the connector for 2.5A.

The NEMA 1-15 connector is rated for 15A.

1 Like

So,

They are not polarized b/c of the internally isolated adapter. It seems that this method of Neutral and Hot lines in the power cord seemed to be what you guys have been telling me it is currently, i.e. the NEMA to IEC.

It shows the 250v in the NEMA connector link but my house runs on 125v only. This shows the old outlet:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/NEMA_simplified_pins.svg

The NEMA 1 -15.

And here it seems is the exact cord:

Seth

P.S. Sir, @PaulHutch , thank you for the links. I guess b/c of the power adapter that the NEMA and IEC cable uses for the final connection, things just work out.