INFARED TEMP READOUT

HEY GUYS,

NEW HERE. CAN YOU HELP ME WITH A VRY SIMPLE POJECT THOWN AT ME? I NEED TO CREATE A INFARED TEMP READING MODULE AT MIN PRICETHAT CAN READ TEMP RANGE BETEWWN 180 F- 900-F. IT NEEDS TO HAVE SCREEN DISPLAY,
I WS LOKING AT MLX60164 CARD WITH ARUNINO CARD. WAHT WOULD YOU SUGGEST FOR A COMPLETE BOM BUILD FOR THESE?

Hello rdupont47,
Thank you for using Digi-Key Tech Forum.
It appears MLX60164 only senses up too 716f.

Our Selection of temp sensors only read up to 300f.

The Arduino board can only operate in temperatures of up to 250f.
I recommend a LCD screen for a display.

For that high of a termp,I recommend using the Arduino out side of the heated area using very high temp rated wire.
PN 2328-22SS316L25-ND

Hi @ rdupont47,

I don’t believe the part number you reference is a valid part number. Did you mean the MLX90614? That sensor is only specified to measure up to 716°F (380°C). I was unable to identify any IR temperature sensors capable of a higher temperature reading than the MLX90614.

We do not give complete BOM’s for any specific design (with the exception of some reference designs which have been previously created), as there are multiple dependencies on one’s particular application, and it is not practical to design the entire product for every customer. We can give suggestions for particular components, and give general guidance, but you are expected to be able to do the rest.

Assuming you can use the MLX90614, with its somewhat lower max temperature capability than you requested, I would recommend you try the 1568-1027-ND along with a display such as the 1568-1188-ND or one of these:

The 1568-1027-ND is a combination of the MLX90614 and an Arduino microcontroller on a single board. Here is a source for further info on how to use it, and here are a few options for programming it.