Is There a Python Library for AD5934?

Hello, I want to use AD5934 for impedance spectroscopy. I want to interface it with a Raspberry Pi and program in Python. Do you have a Python library for the IC?
Thank you.

I searched on the data sheet for the IC and also the development board. I did not see anything listed. I also went to the Analog Devices forum and did not see anything listed. They had a community and also a forum. I did not find anything for Python code for this product.

So how do you use it? What can you interface it with? You know, it is an i2c chip and so it has SDA and SCL. For that, it must be interfaced with a processor. So what is its favourite processor?
Also, what is its address?
Thank you.

Israel

Hi Israeletu,

A chip like the AD5934 is most commonly interfaced with a DSP or FPGA, but it can be controlled by many types of processors as well. I did find a link to some Python code written by another Analog Devices customer for the AD5933, which is nearly identical to the AD5934. It is not proven code, but it might give you some ideas of how to proceed.

You should also read the application note AN-1252: How to Configure the AD5933/AD5934 (Rev. 0). Most of the code examples given by Analog Devices for the AD5933/AD5934 are written in “C”, but you may be able to get some ideas by reading through some of that code as well. You should review the various documents and examples found on Analog Devices product page for the AD5934.

To answer your question about its slave address, its default address is 0x0D, found on page 24 of the datasheet.

Thanks so much for the response. I’m sure it will give me a head start.
Thank you.

Israel