LTC1650IS#PBF vs LTC1650AIS#PBF

Hello,

I’m trying to establish the difference between 2 similar part numbers. I’ve scoured the datasheet and can’t seem to come up with anything.

I’m in need of LTC1650AIS#PBF, however this is out of stock. LTC1650IS#PBF shows 800pcs in stock, is listed as a “parametric equivalent” and a substitute, and all the specs are the exact same. I’m sure there is some difference, but this particular datasheet is not very forthcoming with the part number variations.

Can anyone provide some insight here?

Thanks.

Looking at the data sheet, there are some differences between the two, notably some of the specs listed in the “Electrical Characteristics” table starting on page 2. The integral nonlinearity of the IS version has a typical value of ±4 and a max of ± 16, whereas the max for the AIS is only ±8. The gain error max for the IS version is ±18, whereas the max for the AIS is only ±12. And then the bipolar negative full-scale error max for the IS version is ±16 while the max for the AIS is only ±12.

These are the only differences I can see.

3 Likes

The “A” variant of the part is a version screened to tighter guaranteed performance limits than the non-“A” variant, as suggested above. While the basic function is the same, substituting a non-“A” version in an application that specifies use of the “A” variant may cause the end product to fail to meet its own performance specifications, to the extent that these are derived from the performance of the part in question.

Parts presented as “substitutes” on the product page are merely candidates for consideration with no guarantee of compatibility, since what does or does not constitute an acceptable alternative can vary from one case to the next.

Further qualification as “parametric equivalent” means the listing was machine-generated from the parametric data shown on the filter page, according to a set of rules intended to surface parts of a reasonably similar character

1 Like

You said it much prettier than I did…