Programmable I/O as external trigger

EK-U1-ZCU104-G
XILINX ZYNQ ULTRASCALE+ ZCU104 P

This board has programmable I/O and logic. I’m wondering if these pins can be made to receive an external trigger. i.e. if those pins can be made to be edge sensitive and directly cause action - not through an interrupt or interrupt like routine. i.e. as long as they can be used directly to cause action through a short logic chain, that will be fine.

@markatmerlintps

I will submit an inquiry to verify.

Hello Mark,

The EK-U1-ZCU104-G is a development board features an AMD / XILINX ZYNC device ( MPSoC XCZU7EV-2FFVC1156). This offers several different trigger options including internal connections to a real-time processor as well as options involving the FPGA fabric.

SYNC options

The demo board features an FMC socket allowing the board to be connected to a large number of ADC boards. When combined, the resulting device operates as a high-performance oscilloscope or function generator.

Best Wishes,

APDahlen

Thanks, much, Aaron.

Can you tell me the buffer capture size?

Depends on the application.

However, if we assume half of the RAM is available for the application, and we assume a 16-bit word size, and we assume the memory is fast enough to capture all samples, then we can estimate a buffer size of about 1 million samples.

1 Like