Touch Sensors

This Product Selection Guide contains information to help select products in the Touch Sensors category on DigiKey.com

Touch sensors are more reliable and convenient with no moving parts. The two types are infrared which uses IR beams to detect when there is a touch and resistive that exhibits a decrease in resistance with an increase in force applied to the surface of the sensor. The output types are analog, I2C, and USB with a termination style of card edge/solder pad, connector, flex cable, solder tab, and tab.

SelectionCharacteristics

Sensor Type: Indicates the primary sensor technology used to sense the touch.

Response Time: The amount of time it takes for the sensor to respond to a change in input.

Output Type: Indicates the type of electrical signal the device provides, such as analog or I2C.

Termination Style: Selection of termination style used to connect the device to a system, such as a connector or solder tab.

Voltage - Supply: Typically represented by a range, this indicates the low and high voltage limits which one can expect standard operation. Voltages outside this range may damage the device and other system components.

Operating Temperature: Recommended operating temperature, typically given in a range or as a maximum. Exceeding these temperatures may affect performance or damage the device and other system components.

ProductExamples

MFR PART # 34-00004
DIGI-KEY PART # 1027-1014-ND
MANUFACTURER Interlink Electronics
DESCRIPTION SENSOR RESISTIVE 3US ANALOG
DATASHEET Click Here

MFR PART # FSR04BE
DIGI-KEY PART # FSR04BE-ND
MANUFACTURER Ohmite
DESCRIPTION SENSOR RESISTIVE ANALOG FORCE
DATASHEET Click Here

MFR PART # NNAMC2090PC01
DIGI-KEY PART # 1816-1003-ND
MANUFACTURER Neonode Inc.
DESCRIPTION SENSOR INFRARED 10MS I2C USB
DATASHEET Click Here

MediaLinks

Videos
Neonode Contactless Touch - Holographic Solutions

Articles
The Five Senses of Sensors - Touch

Product Training Modules
mTouch Capacitive Touch Sensing

Blogs
Neonode Touch Sensors

If you have any general questions on the specifications for selecting Touch Sensors, please reply using the button below. If you have questions on specific Touch Sensors please post those questions in the Sensors Transducers category.