Trying to figure out what this part is?

I have this resistor looking item in a roto phase control panel. As far as I can tell it reduces the voltage or something to a ice cube relay. It looks to be attached with the manufactured leg and keeps voltage to a ice cube relay at a lower voltage. Otherwise without it wrecks the ice cube relay. It has from the best I can tell a brown band on one end and a gold band on the other. The rest of the black stuff in the picture is the heat shrink they use to cover up the connections. It is in a Remco Roto Phase control panel and to my knowledge that company is no longer in business. Also, every one of these I’ve seen has no schematic for part identification. Tried to ohm it and has no value. Put a small voltage to it. And it will reduce the volts down. It also should have wires out each end that are broken off.
IMG_3915

Hello jjseifert,

Welcome to DigiKey TechForum.

By the looks of it from that picture that seems to be a 4 color band resistor. If I zoom in to the photo the colors on it look to be brown, second color looks orange but it could be faded red, then black and last gold. If the second color is orange indeed then the resistor value is 13ohm 5%. It is likely a 1/4 watt, 1/2W or 1W. Some of which can be seen here that we have in stock. Something like 13-CFR-25JB-52-13R-ND looks very similar.

If the second color is red then the value changes to 12ohm at 5%. Some options of those that we have in stock in 1/4W, 1/2W and 1W are seen here. Something like CF14JT12R0CT-ND looks very similar.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Our resistor color code decoder can be found in link below:
Resistor Color Code Calculator - 4 band, 5 band, 6 band | DigiKey Electronics