Unidentified programmer - Allegro -?

4963ProgramUserV1.pdf (474.1 KB)

Hello all,

Can someone perhaps help us identify the part pictured (programmer) in the attached PDF.

Regards

Dave

I looked around and couldn’t find anything on it. My suspicion is that it no longer exists.

However, the demo board for the A4963, the APEK4963GLP-01-T-DK, includes a ZIF socket for the chip and has a header which allows for communication and programming of the A4963, so it serves the same purpose, in addition to being an evaluation platform for the chip.

One must also order the interface cable, the 620-1754-ND, to connect your PC to the board.

Hmm, that’s nice. That info seems to be written in invisible ink in the datasheet. The schematic for the eval board does not appear to have any sort of charge-pump circuit, which is typically used for such purposes, so, based on what you were told, it certainly doesn’t look like that board can natively can do it.

Unfortunately, the datasheet doesn’t even identify which pin requires the 24V, much less give any info about the actual protocol used, so it would be hard to hack it.

I will inquire with our product manager for Allegro to see if there is a solution, and get back to you.

Thank you,. From what I can gather it needs 24v on VBB, and the register is written one at a time on a rising clock…set on the falling… protocol is SPI.

That’s all I got so far…

Very important project…

Regards

Hi
I am also looking for this device
did your search give a result?

@David_1528, did you ever get an answer from the product manager on this?

We solved the problem through the manufacturer.

Hi Rolob68,

Allegro has a device they use internally, but they do not sell it and will only do customer programming on very large orders (~ $500K / year type quantities). The alternative is to make your own programmer using SPI and some custom hardware to provide the appropriate voltages at the appropriate times.

Perhaps @Aldende can share how they solved this problem?

Hi Jerry,

We were able to get a programmer device from Allegro after much fiddling and this was the only thing that eventually worked. I think there may be errors in the programming document you may have sent the ROLOB68 user.

The contact point for Allegro would be the Michigan Allegro office…these were the only folk that helped us. I cannot share the device we have as I must return it. But they did come up with one when I got close using a breadboard, and SPI /USB devices. Perhaps ROLOB68 will need to follow a similar method emailing a contact in the Allegro -Michigan- office.

Regards

Dave Alden

IT Manager

DAE Systems

Hello
thanks for the information
Unfortunately, I’m not a programmer but a hobbyist and I always fail because of programming
Since I am a single person, I unfortunately do not receive any information from the Allegro. I should contact the representatives here.
These companies also do not provide any information to private individuals

thanks

Regards,

Sorry, that is all the information I have.

Thanks