Velux solar blind battery replacement

I’m looking to replace my rechargeable battery from my Velux Solar powered blinds…saw on Youtube a guy found his Velux battery (his was 4 volt not 6 volt like mine) DigiKey has what we need for a lot less that Velux…I’m sending 3 photos to make it easier. Let me know if you need any more info.
Thank You, Jack Omartin

It wouldn’t let me send the photos…what am I doing wrong?

Velux # 941978 NiMH 6.0 V dc 3500 mAH
Battery out of it’s case says…Panasonic HHR-370 AH…6.0 V dc…3500mAH
5 small batteries.

Hi SAML.

The batteries should be one of these:

Battery Products | Batteries Rechargeable (Secondary) | DigiKey

I think P637-ND is the one you need.

This version has solder tabs. I assume it’s not that one, but I’m providing it just in case.

Hi Jerry…here’s the photos on them

It looks like there are some solder tabs, at least on the ends. Are those middle batteries just taped together, or are they soldered/welded?

The back 2 have a soldered tab between them & yes the others are just taped together. The guy I saw on YouTube shows DigiKey sent his 4 pack batteries in a nice sleeve that slips right back into the Velux battery housing.

That looks like it’s going to be a custom battery pack. Here’s a link with instructions for ordering a custom pack: Custom Battery Packs - Support - Engineering and Component Solution Forum - TechForum │ Digi-Key (digikey.com)

Now your specific need isn’t listed in the style, so make sure to state the layout when you email custom.orders@digikey.com. They may ask for a drawing, but be as clear as possible with as much information as you have and they should be able to give you a price and lead time.

Hope this helps!