Vesper VM2020 availability

Hello,

We’re using this MEMS microphone because we need the high AOP characteristic.
It went from 27000+ in stock to 0 in a couple of days with the ‘Due to temporary constrained supply, Digi-Key is unable to accept backorders at this time.’ message.
It also disappeared from other sellers listings.

Does anyone know what is up with this item and when / if it will become available again ?

Hello Ciblelec,

Welcome to our technical forum. I thank you for your question but unfortunately it is not one I can answer here. This question is more of a logistical question that may have one answer today and another a week from now. In addition to that, this is a question best answered by one of our people in our sales or customer service departments.

If you would like to ask them what they know about this, please click the link below and choose the most appropriate option.

I truly do hope this helps you to get your answers as quickly as possible.

Now, on a more technical note, I did attempt to see what other options where available. If you are interested in a possible alternative, please click this link below.

These options are from Knowles

SPH1878LR5H-C SPH1878LR5H-1 SPH18C3LM4H-1
Description 7 Hz ~ 36 kHz Analog Microphone MEMS (Silicon) 2.3 V ~ 3.6 V Omnidirectional (-44dB ±0.5dB SPL) Solder Pads 20 Hz ~ 10 kHz Analog Microphone MEMS (Silicon) Omnidirectional (-38dB) Solder Pads 32 Hz ~ 20 kHz Analog Microphone MEMS (Silicon) 2.6 V ~ 3 V Omnidirectional (-38dB±1dB) Solder Pads
Mfr Knowles Knowles Knowles
Series SiSonic™ SPH - -
Type MEMS (Silicon) MEMS (Silicon) MEMS (Silicon)
Output Type Analog Analog Analog
Direction Omnidirectional Omnidirectional Omnidirectional
Frequency Range 7 Hz ~ 36 kHz 20 Hz ~ 10 kHz 32 Hz ~ 20 kHz
Sensitivity -44dB ±0.5dB SPL -38dB -38dB±1dB
S/N Ratio 67dB 66dB 68.5dB
Voltage - Rated 2.75 V 2.7 V 2.75 V
Voltage Range 2.3 V ~ 3.6 V 2.6 V ~ 3 V
Current - Supply 250 µA 250 µA
Port Location Bottom Bottom Bottom
Termination Solder Pads Solder Pads Solder Pads
Size / Dimension 0.138" L x 0.104" W (3.50mm x 2.65mm) 0.138" L x 0.104" W (3.50mm x 2.65mm) 0.138" L x 0.104" W (3.50mm x 2.65mm)
Height (Max) 0.050" (1.26mm) 0.050" (1.26mm) 0.039" (1.00mm)
Shape Rectangular Rectangular Rectangular

I hope this helps and let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you Aaron for your answer.

I understand it might not be the place to ask about product availability but we already tried to contact sales support for a couple of weeks with no success. And now this component just went out of stock which is a big issue for us. We’re feeling helpless on this matter.

We’ll try again to contact sales support.

I am sorry that you have experienced difficulties getting answers as expected. If you continue to have issues, please contact me here by private message and I will see if there is anything else I can do.

The product is exceptional in its class for the very reason you cite, and the manufacturer is small, with limited production capacity in a market environment that is still experiencing supply chain disruptions.

Under these conditions, sudden disappearance of stock from the open market with no backorders being taken is a common indication that all available production capacity has been spoken for. Availability will likely improve with expansion of production capacity and/or reduction of demand, but details of such forecasts are proprietary business information.

It’s conceivable that you may be able to secure some allocation of supply through direct negotiation with the manufacturer. Failing that, your options would be to wait, or redesign your application to accommodate use of a competing product.