Which Driver for 3 x BXEB-L0280Z-35E1000-C-B3

Hi guys,

A couple of questions,

• first which driver would you recommend for 3 of the above led strips?
  • which driver would be best for 4 of the strips?
  • which wire would you use to wire them in sequence? is this just push fit?
  • do you sell anything to mount them to? what do you recommend

Thank you for your help!

Hi AMK,

Which driver to use would depend on several things:

• What supply voltage do you intend to use?
  • Do they need to be water resistant?
  • How hard do you want to drive these LED arrays (what current level)?
  • Do you want to be able to dim them or not?
  • If so, what method you would want to use to dim them?

They are rated for up to 700mA, so anything up to that could work. The connectors on the BXEB-L0280Z-35E1000-C-B3 take 18-24 AWG solid wires, and yes, they are the push-in type. We have lots of wire to choose from. Here’s a link to get you started. I would suggest you start with your preferred wire gauge, then select you color, then length, and then any other preferences you may have.

1 Like

Thanks David!

Which driver to use would depend on several things:

• What supply voltage do you intend to use? What would give the best performance?
  • Do they need to be water resistant? I’d be interested in the recommendation for water resistant and non water resistant and the price difference
  • How hard do you want to drive these LED arrays (what current level)? Ideally at a level that will prolong their life but give optimum performance.
  • Do you want to be able to dim them or not? No I don’t need to be able to dim them
  • If so, what method you would want to use to dim them?

If you could give me a couple of easy to install turn key options that would be awesome, thanks again.

On another forum someone recommened the xlg50 or an xlg25 what do you think about those options?

Hi AMK,

Regarding voltage, I need to know whether you have 120 Vac, 220 Vac, or some DC voltage you plan to use. I’ll assume you will be using 120 Vac.

The LED light strips you intend to use require a voltage between 18 and 22 volts and between 350mA and 700mA. The XLG-50-A you mention outputs 22V to 54V at 1.0 amps, so the only way you could use it for driving three LED strips would be in parallel. As such, there is a chance that the strips might vary a bit in brightness because they could draw different current levels when connected in parallel. In this configuration each would draw roughly 333mA, so they would only be about half as bright as their maximum potential level.

If you used four strips and connected two sets of two in series, each series string would take about 500mA, which would be a fair amount brighter. The risk in doing this is that if one of the two series strips were to fail or if one of them were disconnected, then the full 1A would run through the other series of strips, which would cause them to burn out from excessive current.

The XLG-25-A is rated for the same voltage but at 700mA rather than 1.0A. So with this driver, you could not drive 3 strips with reasonable brightness in parallel, but you could drive two in series at full rated current of 700mA. You would have to use two drivers to drive four LED strips this way. As this setup would drive the strips at their maximum rated level of 700mA, I would pay extra attention to ventilation conditions. If they do not have good airflow, there is a greater likelihood of over heating when driven at max level, and at a minimum, their life could be reduced.

Other options for driving 3 strips or 4 strips in series would be in this link. They will output a voltage both low enough and high enough to drive either 3 or 4 strips at 700mA.