Will this linear voltage regulator work for my project?

Hi! I hope someone can help me order a voltage regulator that will work for my project.

I need a linear voltage regulator with these requirements:
10-13V input
7.5V output
500mA output
On-off control pin
Quiescent current 150uA or less
Size not too tiny

I ordered one of these but it was too small for me to work with:

So now I’m looking at this through-hole regulator:

I see that it has some specific capacitor requirements, which I think I can understand well enough. But it seems that each datasheet I look at has different lingo for specifications. For example, some datasheets list “quiescent current”, while others list just “ground current”, and I think this through-hole regulator’s quiescent current would be the “CTL OFF Mode Voltage”?

What I need is a regulator that can be used to turn a 11.1V source on and off, but will use very little current when the control pin is at the “off” voltage. Will this one do this?

Thank you!

Yes, the mentioned device should allow control of its output with minimal current flow in the off state.

That said, if you’re just interested in switching a source rather than regulating it at the same time, a FET may be the more direct route.

Thank you for the help! I need to reduce the voltage so I need the regulator. Unfortunately I already have a stock of 11.1V 3-cell lithium batteries to use, otherwise I could have gone with 2-cell and no regulator (I need to get to 7.5V).
Or maybe you mean, use the FET as the switch and then feed the current through a regulator with no control pin. Well, that might work, but I already tried using a MOSFET switch with a buck converter. I ran into problems with noise, or some other problem that created failures. Possibly I could use an unswitched linear regulator with the MOSFET switch. I have no idea whether this would work better than the switched linear regulator.
Just noticed I made an error in my original message; I meant “CTL Input Current” rather than “CTL OFF Mode Voltage”.

That is how much current is drawn by the CTL pin circuit when in the on state. You use that value when designing the circuit that will drive the CTL pin.

With the regulator dissipating 2.75 Watts ((13V-7.5V)*500mA) when on, you will probably want a heat sink to keep it from getting too hot for your application.