Zynqberry page issues

Hi,
There is no application code, only “Expand source code”, not clickable. Could you please update the article and add the code?

Thanks @rwx for pointing that out… I’ve gone thru our old eewiki dump files and found the missing content.

Please let us know if you find any more issues, i’m trying to find one of the original SBC’s used when writing that original page.

Regards,

Hi! Thanks for the tutorial!

I came across a few more issues (with 2022.2):

• In PetaLinux config, “Advanced bootable images storage Settings” does not exist anymore. Apparently, it was decided to place the device tree into the binary blob always (though I’m not at all an expert … so I might be babbling nonsense).
  • the XSDK is not supported for a while now, Xilinx advises to use Vitis. Many of the steps work the same way (slightly different places to look):
    • File -> Launch SDK is now Tools -> Launch Vitis IDE (make sure you installed the Vitis suite, not Vivado alone)
    • I could not find a file named system-top.dts anywhere in the PetaLinux output.
    • When creating the images the way it is described under Package boot image containing the FSBL, FPGA bitstream, and U-Boot., Vitis Xilinx -> Program Flash dialogue complains “Could not read hardware specification. Please check platform associated with project” when no project is selected. It seems to be mandatory to create an application project using the hardware description now.

It’d probably be way too much to ask to update the article accordingly. Still, I hope these remarks help others to feel less lost than I did today :sweat_smile: