I have a device that uses A8498SLJTR-T with the exposed pad. I need a replacement but all the ones I have found don’t have the same pinout.

I have included the datasheet and a photo of the chip.

A8498LJ (U12) = 3.0 A Step Down Reg.pdf (332.5 KB)

Buck converters are among the harder devices to find replacements for, regarding pinout match but also the associated inductors and capacitors supporting the circuit.

Unfortunately I’m not seeing anything that will work to replace this.

This is the first time I have really tried to find a replacement, I would agree that they are nearly impossible to find a replacement. Worse case I’ll probably have to turn to aliexpress to find some.