Analog Devices ADAU7002ACBZ-RL oven profile

We are having issues getting ADAU7002ACBZ-RL to reflow properly, so I am wondering if you have any oven profile information for this part. The datasheet does not list anything of this sort. I have also reached out to Analog as well, but I have not heard anything back as of yet. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

These chip are designed for just oven baking to melt the solder balls. The datasheet lists the Absolute Maximum Soldering temperature at 300°C, and the time of 60 second. This is on page 4 of the datasheet. Click here for the datasheet.

This is absolute maximum rating, and reflow temperature may not need to be this high to achieve desired solderability, as it will depend on solder type being used and other process variations.

Stresses at or above those listed under Absolute Maximum Ratings may cause permanent damage to the product. Operation beyond the maximum operating conditions for extended periods may affect product reliability.

1 Like

I was looking for an actual profile in graph form like some companies do, so I missed this info completely. Thank you! I appreciate the help!

1 Like

Okay, I spoke to my boss, and apparently they already had the information for the maximum rating. They were looking for some kind of profile map or curve for the part. You wouldn’t happen to have that info as well, would you? Or will I just need to wait and hope I hear back from Analog?

I found the below doc
https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/application-notes/AN-617.pdf
Page 7 has a profile.

1 Like

I have passed this info along. I have to admit, it never occurred to me to check the specs for the device package, WLCSP, itself. That was an ingenious idea. Hopefully it pays off! Thank you very much!

1 Like